Traditional Baked Lasagna
Author: Tony Reese
Recipe type: Main Course
- 8 oz (1 package) Lasagna Noodles
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- ¼ Cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 32oz spaghetti sauce (any kind)
- 15oz Ricotta cheese
- ¾lb Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- (optional) ¼ Cup Romano cheese
- Cook noodles. In a large skillet, cook meat, onion. Drain off excess fat if needed. Add salt, garlic and spaghetti sauce; bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 min. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Layer 3 strips of noodles; spread ⅓ meat sauce over them, then ⅓ of the Ricotta, then ⅓ of the Mozzarella. Repeat this with 2 more layers. Sprinkle top with Romano (optional) If you do not use the Romano cheese your last layer on top is Mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting